Saturday, February 13, 2010

Camera Shopping

I've always been interested in filmmaking, but no so much in photography. In the past few years, since I started getting into 3D animation, the principles of photography surely became indispensable in any 3D piece I had in mind. I especially started appreciating photography even more in the past year when I was introduced to the most incredible works through Escape Into Life, Behanced, Booooooom, and Motionographer. On top of that, an itch to make my own little narrative, along with the new affordable digital SLRs (particularly the Marks and 7D) pushing the limits in video quality, it felt like the right time to start shopping around for a new camera.
As soon as I left Indonesia*, I've been keeping my eyes open for the 7D. But a few days ago, Canon announced the release of a new DSLR with the same video quality for less than half the price.
I was set. Next month, I'll have the 550D. Or will I?
The other day, I saw a video that made a mini-explosion in my chest. Maybe it was the music; maybe it was the 'Life Aquatic' style; maybe it was the photography; maybe it was atrial fibrillation; or maybe it was everything. Now I want a Super8 camera.




*A 42-day trip I took through Java, Bali, and Lombok. It was wonderful.

No comments: